Hey there, Cozy Babe! If you’re anything like me—a proud and organized Virgo Midheaven—you understand the importance of structure, routine, and, of course, self-care. In the midst of our busy lives, it’s crucial to carve out a sanctuary of tranquility and rejuvenation. And what better day to do so than on a perfectly planned SOUP Girl Sunday?
What is "soup" girl Sunday, you may ask? Well, are you in for a TREAT this day!
Picture this: The autumn rain is gently pitter-patting on your window, it's just after 9 AM on a beautiful Sunday morning, and the promise of a day dedicated entirely to your well-being runs through your mind. You get up and begin your day of self-dedication step by step:
1. Morning Rituals: Start your day with a good breakfast, focusing on nourishment above all. Everyone's idea of nourishment will be different, but for me, I like to begin with a high-protein breakfast of eggs, sausage, avocado, water, and coffee with collagen peptide powder + creamer.
2. Declutter and Organize: Channel your inner Marie Kondo and get ready to declutter your space. Write a list of all tasks you've been putting off and get to work! A tidy environment promotes a clear mind. Organize your living space, sort through your belongings, and let go of the things that no longer serve you. Embrace the liberating feeling of a clutter-free home, allowing energy to flow freely. Don't forget to clean out your fridge of any spoiled foods or expired items. If you do this weekly, you'll end up with a lot fewer spoiled foods, and your fridge will require a lot less cleaning week over week.
3. Meal Plan & Make a Grocery List: If you listened to my latest podcast, you know that I was STRUGGLE BUSSING to get back into my "cooking girl era," but I've finally CRACKED the code! On Sundays, I sit down and plan my weekly meals out + grocery list. Not only have I saved hella money, but I've managed to get inspired to get creative in the kitchen again. This is also where SOUP GIRL SUNDAY comes in. Both my husband and I are NOT sports fans. I've actually never seen a Super Bowl in my whole life....not because my family didn't watch it, I just slunk off on my own to read whenever the get-togethers happened. With football season coming and it not really being my thing, I came up with my own "Super"....err...."SOUPER"? event. I give you Soup Girl Sunday. It's the day of the week on the meal plan that I always prepare a soup for dinner (and tomorrow's lunch). It's the one anchor point in my week that gets me excited because.....okay rant time:
I will never understand anyone who doesn't like soup....like, babe (lovingly), you mean I get to be FED AND HYDRATED in ONE MEAL!? AND it's usually all done in a single pot meaning fewer dishes! Not to mention it's cozy af which y'all know I am ALL about! I also challenge myself weekly to try a new soup every Sunday unless I have a craving for something specific. This really lines up too because I grocery shop the same day so whatever soup I'm feeling I can plan for that day.
Okay rant over...I have this weekend's soup recipe down below for you and TRUST ME it's one you'll want to print and make over and over. It was new to me and fully got me in my creative energy as I made it up as I went.
4. Tackle the Errands: Perhaps my favorite part of my "soup" girl Sunday is putting on a cute outfit (though tbh sometimes it's my "laundry day" outfit) and heading out to the store with my headphones on. I let no one but the checkout clerk bother me during my grocery visits. This is my time to listen to my fave jams, Leo Skepi's Podcast, or affirmations to ground me. This exercise has also been a really good one for helping me step just outside my comfort zone and head out by myself to do something I enjoy (my last vlog on Patreon explains this more).
5. Wind Down: Once home from the grocery store, everything put away, it's finally time to get the self-care going. I begin my wind down with an everything shower, clean PJs, skin care on, phone, Apple Watch, and headphones on the charger. I like to pop some YouTube autumn music on my TV and get to making soup before snuggling up with a bowl, my man, and some co-op video games.
And there you have it, dear reader—my cherished Soup Girl Sunday routine, a day of self-care, creativity, and comfort. As the day draws to a close, I find immense satisfaction in knowing that I’ve nourished my body, decluttered my space, and indulged in the simple joys of life. Remember, self-care is not selfish; it’s a necessary act of love towards yourself. So, whether you’re a fellow Virgo midheaven seeking harmony or someone simply in need of a little pampering, I invite you to embrace your own version of Soup Girl Sunday. May your Sundays be cozy, your soups be delicious, and your heart be light. Until next time, stay cozy, stay inspired, and most importantly, stay kind to yourself. Happy self-caring, lovely souls! 🍵✨🌿